I’m pretty sure @michaelausiello is a mind reader because I felt the exact same way about this morning’s announcement. In my opinion, there was so much excellent talent this year on TV (whether streaming, or standard) that it was incredibly hard to choose. What are your thoughts?
The 2015 Emmy nominations were, as per usual, both thrilling and maddening. For every inspired nod (congrats, Tatiana!) there was one that had me scratching the skin off my scalp (no nomination for Eva Green?! Nothing for Jane the Virgin?!). So without further adieu, I give you the good, the bad and the downright ugly from this year’s list.
[pmc-related-link href=”http://tvline.com/2015/07/16/emmy-nominations-the-full-list/” type=”RELATED” target=”_self”]Emmy Nominations: The Full List[/pmc-related-link]
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* Tatiana Maslany! At long last!
* The Academy making history by nominating two deserving African-American actresses Empire‘s Taraji P. Henson and How to Get Away With Murder‘s Viola Davis — in the lead actress drama category.
* Bloodline breakout Ben Mendelsohn scoring a supporting actor nod.
* Will Forte getting recognized for Last Man on Earth.
* The best drama series nod for Homeland‘s resurgent fourth season.
* The best comedy nomination for Unbreakable Kimmy…
View original post 265 more words